Join the Chalfonts Beekeepers’ Society and we’ll answer at least some of your questions…
For those new to the craft, or just plain interested in finding out a little more, we will support, train and advise you. Each year we run a training course that contains both lectures and hands-on experience with the bees. Visit our Education Section to find out more from our Education Secretary.
For those of you with more experience we delight in sharing our depth and breadth of knowledge, as well as offering a hand to those just starting out. Beekeepers come from all walks of life, and those in the Chalfonts walk in particularly interesting lines. Come and join us to socialise, learn and share.
Contact the Membership Secretary
Click here for our Membership Forms.
This is what you will have access to when you join…
- Advice and help from experienced beekeepers, plus regular meetings, training courses and social events. Visit our What’s On page for details of this year’s events.
- Books from our extensive library which contain a wealth of information
- Equipment to share, hire and borrow.
- Microscopes including binocular
- Honey extractors
- Uncapping knife
- Grading glass
- Honey creamer
- “Easy Steam”
- Foundation wiring jig
- Foundation roller mould
- Foundation presses
- Information on events, shows and other social events.
- Talks by renown beekeepers
- Insurance, covering both you and your bees against unforeseen problems.