2017 Beginners Course Now Full
We're sorry but our Beginners' Course for 2017 is now full.
We'll announce the next course on our home page in the Autumn. We may also offer 'taster' sessions from time to time, again announced on our home page.
2017 Beginners Course
Are you interested in finding out what it takes to be come a beekeeper?
Want to Become a Beekeeper?
Join our Beginners Course and you can find out what it takes to become a beekeeper.
This course is available whether you have decided to keep bees or are just mulling it over. We won't force you to keep bees, but we will support you if you do choose to.
Here's What you Get
- 8 weeks tuition by our experienced beekeeper tutors
- Ooptional apiary visits
- Your own personal beekeeping mentor
- Membership of Chalfonts Beekeepers Society for the 2016-2017 beekeeping year.
- Membership of Bucks County Beekeeping Association for the 2016-2017 beekeeping year
- Membership of the British Beekeepers Association for the 2016-2017 beekeeping year
- Insurance for up to 3 hives
- A copy of “The Haynes Bee Manual” the complete step by step guide to keeping bees
- Monthly club meetings with guest speakers on beekeeping topics
- Access to the club's extensive library
- Access to the club's equipment at membership rental rates
- Lots of practical support